Monday, February 17, 2014

Reflection #2.

Our main emphasis this past week has been on poetry. We learned basic key terms and concepts and spent time with poetry exercises. For example, we had to condor up examples of alliteration, metaphors, and even had to rewrite lyrics to a song. The latter of which I failed miserably in. For our homework assignment, we had to take what we learned in class and create our own original poems. When writing my two poems: "Ghosts" and "The Zoo," I found myself writing about emotions and experiences other than my own. I found my poetry had no personal bond to my own life experiences, but yet reflected back something I did not know about myself. It is difficult to say what it is I was reflecting about myself in my work, but I know a part of me was hidden in the lines of my poems. I think T.S Elliot put it best when he said: "Genuine poetry can communicate before it is understood."

No comments:

Post a Comment